Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Welcome to Detroit City

Hello friends, and anybody else that may have come across this,

I have been wanting to start this blog FOREVER.   I just never took the time to sit down and really think of what to write about or to name my blog (that took many texts, tweets and Facebook status updates).  Even then I didn’t really take this seriously until a couple weeks ago when I found out that my friend started one and than a couple days ago my other friend started one too!  I loved just reading about their lives while they are hundreds of miles away and thought it was a good outlet to get my thoughts into one place and document the exciting (and not so exciting) things that are happening in my life.

So to keep things short, I just recently moved from Lincoln, Nebraska to Detroit, Michigan.  I have NEVER, EVER lived outside of the state of Nebraska ever in my life and to be completely honest I was terrified. Not to be away from home but for my first big city to be Detroit (I’ve seen 8 Mile). I mean, I didn’t even lock my doors in Nebraska.  However, the reason behind it was to support my boyfriend on a dream that came true for him.  It was perfect timing too, since I just graduated from college and had no job lined up.  So last Monday my amazing mom, Rockie (our dog), and I made the drive to Detroit from South Sioux City Nebraska.

Here are a couple things to know about this blog.  I want to post anything on it! Whether that is cooking, beauty, makeup, trips, vacations, girls’ nights, date nights, or just a plan boring night at home.

As I write this blog it’s a Sunday, and I have the Lions game playing and laundry going in the background.  I start my first day at work, for a big company in the heart of downtown Detroit!  I will update more this week!! Thanks for those who read, and I hope to update more on the next blog post! I also want to update this with all the exciting things that happened in my friends’ lives too. My best friend got married last weekend, so there will be a post coming on that too!  

Sorry for the boring post (it's a boring day), I just think once I got the first one out of the way the next should come a lot easier!  J



Best,

Em

6 comments:

  1. Me too!!! Can't wait to read yours too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I LOVE this Em! You might have just motivated me to create one! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kelsey - thanks girl!!!! SERIOUSLY create one!! you have soooo much to talk about marriage, your baby, advocate!!! I WOULD READ IT! <3 YOU!

    ReplyDelete